BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, November 23, 2009

RECOUNT TEXT

Recount text is a text is used to retell events for the purpose of informing or entertaining.
The generic structure of recount text are:
1. Orientation (it gives the readers the background information needed to understand the text)
2. Events (a series of events, ordered in a chronological sequence)
3. Re-orientation (restates the writer’s opinion or personal comment of the writer on the incident)
The significant languages features:
 Use of simple past tense.
 Use of temporal conjunctions (when, after, before, next, later, then).
 Use of personal pronoun (I, we)
EXAMPLE OF RECOUNT TEXT:
My Basketball Experience
When I was in Junior High School, I really loved basketball. Every Saturday afternoon, I practiced in school field with my team and my coach. They were strong and smart players. My coach, Mr. Sentana was a kind person. But, while he was very discipline. He would grounded anyone who came late and not obeyed the team’s rules.
With Mr. Sentana, our team won many tournaments in many big cities. Our team named after our school, 67 Team (from SMP 67) and we had many fans too. Now I still love basketball and we have a team too. But, my parents warn me to pay attention more to my study, basketball just for hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment